Wednesday, March 25, 2009

prayers answered!...stupid genetics

First of all, I wanted to say thank you to everyone for your prayers...the lady in question for my cancer prayer was my mother...at the time the doctors were 95% sure that she had some sort of breast cancer judging from the etiology of the mass in her breast. It turns out after her biopsy that it isn't cancer. We were all very scared because breast cancer runs in my family...infact even some men in my family have had breast cancer. Laura "Auntie" you're right, obviously god heard everyone and has other plans for my mother. Thank you!

We took Max back to the pediatricians today for a follow up for his relentless symptoms. Still spiking fevers upwards of 103...constant headache...now belly pain... (sigh) what the heck??? His headache gets so severe that hes vomiting and rolling around on the floor. The sad thing is...I remember doing the same thing at his age. I was diagnosed with migraines in Kindergarten...and I've struggled with them ever since. When Max's doctor today mentioned migraines I cringed. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, migraines are the pits. For those who've never had a migraine...I would compare it to the feeling of a serious head injury... blinding pain and debilitating disorientation. Not even in the same league as a headache.

Anyway, on a lighter note...I've been sewing a little to help me relax. I made Katy and I wrap skirts... super easy to do... just a long rectangle with tie attached to the top edge. Here is an example of DIY. I'll try and post pictures later... Hope everyone else is healthy and well... thank you for all of your kind words of encouragement. HUGS!!

2 comments:

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting said...

Yes! I'm so glad she's alright and that it isn't cancer!

I hope Max feels better soon. Migraines are no joke, indeed

Can't wait to see the pics of the wrap skirts!

mom said...

sounds exactly what was going on with you when you were his age. we ended up at the neurologist and had you on enderol with no help. it wasn't until you started ritalin, that your headaches stopped. final conclusion was that you were so stressed out trying to manage your ADD that you got headaches... we knew it was time to increase your dosage when the headaches resumed. I know you are not a fan of meds, but it worked for you...