Monday, May 11, 2009

yard sale...

Okay so for most people a yard sale probably is a simple... drag it out...tag it... put up signs and sell it. But for me this...well, this is an adventure into the unkown. Feeling a fresh connection with my home after this whole scare has left with with a desire to purge and improve. Anyone live in a split foyer home? If you do...you know that there usually isn't much in the way of storage space. My garage has become the catch all of all lost things...office... junk festival. I have done one yard sale in my life. I am ready to get to purging... but I have no idea where to start. I also have a TON of baby things that probably need to go... but Im having some attachment issues. So short of calling up a Discovery channel team of experts. How do you suggest I tackle this task... you know, without bringing in a clean sweep brigade?

4 comments:

Madeline said...

Just go through one small section at a time. Complete that section and move to the next. It sounds simple, but it's taken me forever to finally figure out. Also, be ruthless. Take some time to decide what kind of a home you want. Have a very clear image in your mind. If the stuff doesn't fit with what you want, toss it. Good luck!

chelle said...

I agree with Madeline, go through a small section at a time. And be ruthless. Focus on your joy and reconnection to your home and purge purge purge. Have three piles, keep sell trash and go for it.

You will feel so liberated afterward!

Danielle said...

I always go for the three boxes- throw, sell, keep and then just take a deep breath and let it go. It is all just stuff!

Meshell said...

I soo need to do that as well! my issue is finding time! Bella only takes small naps, so i hate starting a big project of going through stuff because i never know when i'll get back to it! good luck and have fun!